Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 42

Andrew was sitting in a small office in one of the buildings. He was very apologetic of not being able to bring us to Australia and giving my hip an X-ray. He told me about the cruel truth of why we could not go to Australia. He than handed me a football. He mended it with a patch of Australia's flag. He asked if I knew the secret of football. I answered him. Its never give up. He told me that everything would be fine. I looked out of the broken window. I saw Mum, Dad and Bibi walking together at the edge of the water. Although they were picking their way through plastic bags and rotting seaweed, they seemed happy and my chest filled with love and I felt I was very lucky. I knew I was not in Australia but to me, it felt just like Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment